The cement-filled Float Collar is fitted with API RP 10F CAT IIIC qualified valve as standard, the collar can be ordered with a single, double Valve.
The float collar is installed near the bottom of the casing string. Cement plugs land on it during the primary cementing operation, thus retaining inside the casing a small portion of the cement slurry that may have become contaminated as the top plug scrapes the inside of the casing. It is similar to a float shoe; often both are used for redundancy. The internal check valves may be flapper-type or spring-loaded balls.
The check-valve assembly fixed within the float collar prevents flow back of the cement slurry when pumping is stopped. Without a float collar or float shoe, the cement slurry placed in the annulus could U-tube, or reverse flow back into the casing. The greater density of cement slurries than the displacement mud inside the casing causes the U-tube effect.
- Fitted with high flow phenolic Float Valve tested in accordance with API RP 10F CAT IIIC test procedures.
- Tightly controlled cementing process for valve installation.
- Cement tested for compressive strength & pressure retention.
- In-house manufacturing capabilities at global manufacturing facilities.
- Standard 5,000 & high pressure 10,000 PSI valves.
- Single & double valves are available.
- Auto-fill option is available.
- Ball deflector/ball catcher options.