The Free Gas Vent Mandrel (FGV) is made up of the tubing string at a depth above the packer. The system is designed for lower-risk environments such as shallow sets, non-deviated wells, or land applications and allows gas, under pressure to move, uncontrolled from below the packer into the tubing above the packer.
There is no communication via the control line to the surface and therefore the system operates based on pressure build-up in the control line exceeding the tubing pressure and bleeding into the tubing through the integral checks and hence providing protection to the pump.
- Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP) Installations.
- Tubing deployed as part of the production string.
- Allows the venting of any gas build-up from below the packer to the upper annulus.
- Materials to suit all well's environments.
- Available in multiple configurations.
- Allows adequate gas removal and prevents pump failure due to gas locking.
- Adapts to multi-port packers.
- In tight applications, it improves the geometry of the packer.
- Allows fluid level below packer to be maintained at optimal levels for ESP operation.
- Optional thread makeup connections.