The ‘P-R’ & ‘P-RN’ Landing Nipple is a downhole component, fabricated as a short section of heavy wall tubular with a machined internal surface that provides a seal area and a locking profile.
The Landing Nipples are included in most completions at predetermined intervals to enable the installation of flow-control devices, such as Plugs and Chokes. Three basic types of Landing Nipples are commonly used: No-Go, Selective, and Ported Safety Valve Nipples.
- Plugging under pressure.
- Higher pressure rating.
- Provide pre-determined locations for setting and locking subsurface flow control devices.
- Single nipple installations or as the bottom nipple in a series of P-X Landing Nipple.
- Heavyweight tubing in a series of P-X and P-XN (bottom) Landing Nipple. (The N designates no-go nipple).
- Versatility helps reduce completion and production maintenance costs.
- Simple operation.
- Multiple options when running, setting, or retrieving subsurface flow control devices.
- Large bore for minimum restriction.
- Universal nipple with one internal profile.