Praxis Millout extensions are used below a permanent packer when there is no retrieval function and the situation may be required where the packer will be milled. They are typically configured as PIN by PIN or BOX x BOX depending on the products required below the packer.
Millout extensions provide a larger ID below the packer providing a shoulder to anchor/catch a milling and retrieval tool during milling. They are often used as a means to protect dynamic seals in a seal bore packer-type installation. Lengths are available to meet the customer requirement but 6ft is probably the most typical.
- Completion with Permanent packer as production packer.
- Horizontal completion with stand-alone screens.
- Isolation Packers.
- Placed directly below the permanent packer or below seal bore extension.
- Economical seal protection
- Provides larger bore to accept packer retrieving sub of the milling tool.
- Durable construction.
- Manufactured from materials that meet the well's environments specified by the customer.