The P-JD series Pulling Tools are wireline services tools that are used to retrieve ‘jar-to-release’ subsurface devices with external fishing necks. P-JD series pulling tools consist of a fishing neck with a pin thread connection on the upper end, a ‘D’ sub, spring-loaded pulling dogs, a core, a skirt, an emergency release shear pin, and two springs, internal and external.
Most P-JD series pulling tools are internally threaded to receive a prong for equalizing operations. Under certain conditions, P-JD series pulling tools can also be used as running tools.
The P-JD series pulling tool nomenclature is as follows: the first letter (J) indicated the pulling tool series. The second letter (D) indicated that the downward jarring is required for safety release. The third letter indicated the core length: Any letter or number following the first letters indicates a variation of one or more of the following specifications: maximum OD, core length, pin thread connection.
- To retrieve ‘jar-to-release’ subsurface devices with external fishing necks.
- “C” is a long core, short-reach (to accommodate short fishing neck).
- “S” being a medium core, medium reach (to accommodate medium fishing neck).
- “L” is a short core, long reach (to accommodate long fishing neck).
- Jar-down-to-release’ safety shear release.
- Allows the pulling operation to be aborted without retrieving the subsurface device.
- Available with various core lengths to permit retrieval of subsurface devices with variable length fishing.