The ‘P-PX’ Plug Assembly is run and pulled on wireline and is designed to plug the tubing for testing packer leakage, re-moving wellhead, testing tubing, and separation zone during remedial work over.
The plug assembly consists of a P-X, P-XN, P-R, P-RN Lock Mandrel, an Equalizing Sub, an Equalizing Valve, and an Equalizing Cap. Selection of Lock Mandrel for the P-PX Plug Assembly; where X designated regular weight tubing. Whereas, selection of P-XN Lock Mandrel for type P-XN Plug Assembly; where XN designated for No-Go nipple on regular weight tubing.
- Routine plugging for completion and workover operations.
- Installation of downhole flow controls, including one and two-run plug, flow subs, and pump open plugs.
- Well's suspension plug.
- Ported nipple and sleeve pack-offs.
- Suspension of wireline-retrievable injection valves.
- Venturi flow meter installation.
- Suspension of recording instruments.
- Riser maintenance plugs.
- Minimal downward jarring is required to set the lock mandrel, making the design particular service at 300°F (148.8°C) with standard seals.
- The lock and running tool are compatible with normal wireline equipment and procedures.
- Rigid outer mandrel maximizes the strength and impact resistance of the lock, ensuring exceptional reliability and recovery.