The ‘P-X’ Lock Mandrel is a downhole device, run and retrieved on slick line in which it is placed and anchored to the ‘P-X’ or ‘P-XN’ Landing Nipple within the tubing string to provide a set point for flow-control equipment such as valves, chokes, and plugs.
The two main types of Lock Mandrel use the different means of locating and anchoring; a Selective Lock locates and anchors any matching landing nipple profile within the tubing; and a No-Go non-selective nipple lock, usually installed at the bottom of the tubing string. The No-Go nipple lock can also be used in taper string applications.
- Plugging under pressure.
- Provide pre-determined locations for setting and locking subsurface flow controls.
- Locks are designed to hold pressure from above or below or from sudden reversals.
- Landing Nipples have the same packing bore ID for a particular tubing size and weight.
- Faster slickline service because of the retractable keys.
- Operator control of locating, landing, and locking in the selected nipple.
- Inside fishing neck large ID to maximize production.
- Optional hold-down feature for high flow rates and safety valve installation.
- Hold-down reduce the risk of Lock Mandrel self-release.
- Retractable Locking Key.
- Extra-large ID for higher flow volumes.