The Ball Type Pump-Out Plug provides a reliable means of temporarily plugging a tubing string in order to set hydraulically activated tools or equipment such as packers. The Ball Type Pump-Out Plug incorporates a setting ball and a valve seat, which is located with shear pins.
There is a hole through the valve seat, which allows the tubing string to fill as the completion is run. After activating the hydraulic tools/equipment the ball and valve seat are expended into the well's annulus/sump leaving full bore tubing ID through the assembly and a wire-line entry guide to facilitate the smooth passage of tools. Shear out pressure for the ball and valve seat is selectable depending on shear pin settings.
- Bridge in the tubing to set a packer in single and dual completions.
- Activating hydraulic tools or equipment.
- Provides a tubing plug without any well's intervention.
- Allows well to be circulated during the running of completion.
- Materials to suit all well environments.
- The full bore of tubing ID after ball and seat are pumped.
- Available in standard and premium materials.
- Optional bronze or other material balls.
- Variable shear out pressure.