The Praxis Safety Shear Out sub consists of n overshot connected to a slick joint with shear pins. IN the event the completion assembly must be retrieved and the packer or seal assembly does not release, the safety shear sub provided a weak point in the tubing string.
By parting at the shear pins, the completion assembly above the shear joint can be retrieved and a workstring with drilling jars can be used to release and retrieve the packer or seal assembly. The sub is normally placed several joints above the packer or between stacked packers in a multizone installation. This allows independent removal of the packer assemblies. Once pulled apart, a slick sub with a known internal and external diameter extends upward for a tubing spear or overshot connection. The length of the slick sub is sufficient to allow overshot engagement.
- ESP Completions.
- Production Completions.
- Stacked single-packer completions.
- Dual or stacked dual completions.
- Sand Control Completions.
- Pressure ratings up to 15,000psi.
- Materials to suit all well environments.
- The simple design facilitates efficient workover operations.
- Field adjustable shear values.
- Rotationally locked.
- Controlled Fishing based on known dimensions and lengths.