This compact hydraulically set retrievable seal bore production packer is designed for zonal isolation and creating an annular pressure barrier. The packer can be run and set on tubing hydraulically as a single trip system or can be configured to be run on a hydraulic setting tool and then run the upper completion in a second trip.
The packer is made-up according to the well program and runs in the hole to the set depth. An anti-preset function prevents the packer from accidentally setting while running in the hole. The packer is set by applying hydraulic pressure against a plugging device in the tubing string below the packer or by activating the hydraulic setting tool. In setting tool mode, the packer can be set on tubing, coiled tubing, or electric line with the appropriate accessories. During setting, the slips and seal elements are forced against the casing wall, anchoring the packer in place and creating a pressure-tight seal. This packer configuration is run in conjunction with a latch device which can either be fixed or floating depending on the well requirements. Retrieval is done in 2 trips, trip one to retrieve the upper completion, trip 2 requires a retrieval tool and straight pull. Other configurations are available on request. Multiple retrieval methods are offered, however, once the packer has been released a direct pull on the tubing string allows the seal elements to decompress and the slips to retract. The anti-preset mechanism has an additional function where it locks the packer in the release position, thus preventing it from resetting while pulling out of the hole. This allows the packer to be pushed/pulled without the danger of slips resetting.
- Permanent Production Annulus pressure barrier.
- Ties the production tubing to the production casing for zonal isolation.
- Sizes to suit 4-1/2” to 13-3/8” casing.
- Materials to suit all well environments.
- Available in multiple configurations.
- ISOPAX Proven Features Anti-Preset, Anti-Drag, Lock-Out.
- Compact design.
- Single piece mandrel with no leak paths.
- No movement between tubing/casing during setting.
- All shear pin stubs are retained after shearing (no debris left downhole).